Friday, May 8, 2009

Concept: Customizing Games for Donations

Daniel Benmergui, has released several Flash games that can be downloaded and played for free.
The unusual thing is that he also offers to customize two of them: Today I Die and I Wish I Were the Moon if you donate to help him build his next game.

  • $27 … and you become an silver sponsor of my next game and your name will appear in the credits, including a link of your choice [17 available]

  • $75 … and I’ll make a “pixelated”, moon-style version of yourself or whoever you want [5 available]

  • $497 … and make you a custom version of I Wish I Were the Moon or Today I Die, creating both characters after whoever you want, making the game the most original gift ever [2 available]

  • $995 … including a new ending of your liking! [Only 1 available]
[Source: Ludomancy.com]
That is a very interesting idea. An interactive gift in the form of a game.

And, people who donated get something nice and special.


By the way, I found "Today I Die" (puzzle) game play where it uses words as part of the game to be unique. Substituting words cause the background and certain object to change allowing to progress further. Really requires thinking outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment