Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tool: PasteBin (collaborative debugging tool)

Every wanted to share a short snippet of code online with others and still preserve the native language formatting?

I have. I been annoyed with how all the nice coloring, indentation and italics got lost when I copied a piece of code from my editor to a web "rich text box".

A friend of mine shared a small function using PasteBin a while back; and now I can't imagine sharing code any other way.

When you paste a snippet of code, you select the language you want to format it in and there is a wide selection to chose from including AS3, etc.

It then generates a link for you that you can send to your friends, e.g. http://flash.pastebin.com/mc95f230.

You can post anonymously or log in so all your posts are linked. Also, anyone can add their changes as a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment